A simple C-grade cupcake. (*Smiles*)
Orange Marmalade Cupcake
3/4 cup caster sugar
1 whole orange zest (finely grated)
2 cups self-raising flour
1/4 cup milk powder
1/2 cup orange juice
1 tablespoon Cointreau (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 180'C. Prepare the paper cups and cupcake pan, so that things come in handy later.
2. Beat butter and sugar till creamy and pale in color. Add eggs gradually, mixed until combined.
3. Add in the orange zest and mix thoroughly.
4. Using a big ol' wooden spoon, mix in milk powder. Then, fold in self-raising flour alternatively with orange juice till the mixture becomes smooth.
5. Add in Cointreau (optional), stir till combined.
6. Spoon mixture into paper cups till 3/4 full. Bake 180'C for 10 to 15 minutes, depends on the size of the cupcake pan. For safety measurements, using a skewer to test whether the cake is fully baked is more advisable. Poke a hole in the middle of the cupcake, if it turns out to be clean/crumbs-free, it can be serve in no time!
7. Topped with the ready made orange candy (recipe as follows) and sprinkle with sprinklings (recipe as follows).
1-1/4 cup caster sugar
2 large oranges
1/3 cup water
1. Slice the oranges into thin slices. For each and every slice, cut it into 6 sections.
2. Combine water and caster sugar in a low heated pan. Stir till sugar dissolves. Bring to boil.
3. Reduce the heat and add in the orange slices to the sugar mixture. Cook till the orange slices become transparent for about 20 minutes. (lighter in color, pale orange)
4. Remove from heat and scoop candied slices onto a tray lined with baking paper. Let it cool.
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon mixed spice
1. Mixed all the ingredients above by using a spoon in a bowl.
2. Sprinkle the cupcakes.
Monday, June 11, 2007