1. The Raya Mood. We have been feasting our heart out during the long Raya celebration. That is obviously one main reason why we love this country; the food was great , whether in terms of its colors or flavor, and phenomenally diversified. Since we have been going crazy over the food sold in the bazaar, it was a very wise decision for us to get a snap out of it. The bazaar that we went into were crowded with hungry people and fatty food.
2. Experimenting An Upside-Down Cake. We were curious. Thus, here goes the experiment of the Caramel Hazelnut Cake. It was infamously known as the Upside-Down Caramel Hazelnut Cake as the baked cake will then be turn over from a pan and be eaten upside down. We would love to have a Pineapple Upside-Down Cake, but the helpers insist that hazelnut will taste slightly better. Here goes the one with Hazelnut.
A dollop of vanilla whipping cream infused with frangelico will be perfect for this upside-down cake.
4. Calvin's Birthday Cupcakes. We were invited over his crib for his 20th birthday, and thus goes the night of baking mini cupcakes. We tried to put in fillings by using the cone method. And voila, successfully done though cutting off the top of these mini's requires meticulous skills. Thanks to Molly, things were pretty quickly done. Compared to the cupcakes we have now, we bet that Calv's cupcakes are wickedly sweet! Millions of apologies. Oh yea, your pooch was fluffy and gorgeous. X)
5. Galdon Gan & Rachel Koh's Cupcakes. One box were presented to Galdon while the other were given to our lovey dovey kickass joker; Rachel Koh. The cupcakes were only taken the day after it was made. Some of the frosting has melted. We know, we know. Some look ooey goey and not that pretty. We are dogdamn sorry. We'll promise to get you guys pretty cupcakes the next time we see you. (*Fingers crossed*)
6. Buttday Celebration With Mandy. It was fun. A get-together with people whom we care about is down right fun and cozy. The actual cake was a Durian Mousse Cake. Unfortunately, there were none of them. Blame the season. The weather. One biggaboo Black & White Chocolate Nut Cake were given to her. We had not have any chance to grab a bite out of the cake though since we've been fed fully with grilled meats and seafoods. =)
7. Kids College Cupcakes. We sounded THAT old. We preferred calling our brothers (rivals of the throne) as kids more than any other names. So, in the reality world, we're THIS young. Back to the cupcakes, the kids were going to have a get-together in the college and requested a few boxes of chocolate cupcakes. We wondered and suggests them to dine in a fine dining cum mamak stall, they insisted to bring their fellow friends the cupcakes. It was weird, till we found out one day, from one of their MSN message, written; "10s 4 ur cupcakes. It taste nice n now we know u r a good baker. I luv d cream. Miss u." Oh doggy.
8. Munka's Buttday Celebration. The cake were bought as we were real busy that week. Keng throw a surprise party to Munka. And here goes the shots of happy people chilling in a dark, gloomy and secluded room. May you get the best MS with fuzziest chest in the world! X)
9. Playing with the Baker Barks Bakerie logo. It was time-wasting since we've already decided to dump them into the recycle bin. Brainstorming for the right logo was in fact tiresome and bothersome. We'll try, we'll try.
10. Playing with Le Bakerie's logo. We guess we better lay off our hands from the computer. The second design and background layout to be dump into the recycle bin. There'll be third, there'll be... Years to come.