Banana Fritters ( adapted from Merpati's Popular Cakes and Kuihs Booklet)
Pinch of salt
6 tablespoons of sugar
2 lightly beaten eggs
4 tablespoons of coconut milk / santan
2 tablespoonfuls of dessicated coconut (optional)
6 ripe big bananas
1. Add sugar, salt, eggs and coconut milk to flour to make a fairly stiff batter.
2. While keeping the banana's skin intact, squeeze the whole unpeeled banana. Cut the top of the banana with a knife. Squeeze the mashed up banana into a bowl. (You can mash the peeled bananas in a bowl, but that will be time-consuming)
3. Mix in the mashed bananas and dessicated coconut into the batter. Mix thoroughly.
4. Heat cooking oil in a deep pan. Fry tablespoonfuls of the banana batter till golden brown.
5. Drain well on a frying drainer and serve it hot.
They named it Jemput Pisang. While others called it as the Banana Fritters. I love Fritters as much as Fatass do! We made this with the helpers, no mashing were incurred. No furry paws were used for kneading as well. Just a simple mixing process in a bowl, and VOILA! Frittered bananas! FYI, I've uploaded a few images of these banana fritters. Weeks later, the images in this particular post were all gone! Found no trace of them in my Picasa Web Album though. Images can't be retrieved. I'll be posting the shots soon after we make these fritters! Cheerios!